REV Robotics Expansion Hub
The REV Expansion Hub from revrobotics.com does NOT contain the same assortment of cables and extra items as the REV Robotics Expansion Hub Set from the FTC Storefront. Please see Kit Contents below for items included.
The REV Robotics Expansion Hub is an affordable hardware controller which can communicate with any computer, including Android tablets/phones and the REV Robotics Control Hub. The Expansion Hub is loaded with hardware interface options to enable driving motors and servos, interfacing with sensors, and communicating with other devices via several protocol options.
The Hub incorporates ESD and reverse polarity protection and is purpose built to stand up to the rigors of use in the classroom or on the competition field. In addition to the built in protections, the Hub also features keyed and locking connectors to prevent connection problems in the heat of competition and is fully field upgradable so your hardware can always run the most up-to-date firmware.
Firmware Update - 1.7.2
Changes in this update:
- Fixes a bug where encoder counts would occasionally reset.
Previous Update - 1.7.0
- Fixes a bug where some I2C sensors can lock up the bus causing other additional performance issues with the Expansion Hub.
- Added new status LED blink code:
- Blinking orange indicates the hub is only powered by the phone. In other words, turn on your main power switch!
- Other minor performance tweaks.
To update the firmware on your Expansion Hub please download the REV Hub Interface software on a Windows computer and follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the REV Hub Interface software.
- Run REV Hub Interface executable.
- Connect your REV Expansion Hub to your computer with a USB A to mini B cable.
- Drivers should install automatically, but please wait for them to finish.
- Click "CONNECT" and wait for the hub to be detected.
- Click on the Firmware tab.
- Click "Choose .bin file" and open the "REVHubFirmware_1_07_02.bin" located in the same directory as the Hub Interface software.
- Click "Flash (WINDOWS ONLY)" and wait for the update to complete.
Please note that you may need to readdress and reconfigure your hub after updating the firmware.
FIRST Tech Challenge Legal:
The REV Robotics Expansion hub is LEGAL for use in the FIRST Tech Challenge for the 2017/2018 season as an alternative to the Modern Robotics devices. Learn more about FIRST's announcement here. Teams who register with FIRST starting May 11th, will receive a discount code to reduce the cost of the Expansion Hub to $150.
Learn more about the Expansion hub in our Product Brief
Learn how to use the Expansion hub in our Getting started Guide
- QTY 1 - Expansion Hub
- QTY 1 - XT30 Extension Cable, 30cm
- QTY 1 - 3-pin JST PH Cable, 30cm